Welcome To Outback Hunters!
Hi, my name is David Dale and I have been hunting, fishing and camping for over 20 years now. My first hunt was with my dad when i was 14. I was really excited feeling the thrill when the hunt was on. Nothing compares to the thrill of watching the hunt from behind a scope of a gun or a bow. After that I was hooked and went on several hunting trips with my dad and hunting and the outdoors grew and is a passion of mine!
Learning how to hunt at a young age, I now spend most of my time with guns, bows, fishing, camping and doing outback activities. Be it shooting, archery, knives, tinkering, or writing about them – sharing his passion and knowledge of outback hunting with others is a regular event.Here is an old photo of one of these trips.
As an avid hunting and outdoor enthusiast I love to introduce beginners to learn hunting and fishing skills. There’s enough of ultra-expert advice that going around in the hunting world and all I want to do is to help out fellow enthusiasts level up their hunting knowledge (while also keeping them safe).
Think of me like your hunting obsessed friend who is really awesome at explaining stuff, and doesn’t mind doing whatever it takes.
Outback Hunters and You
With a name like that, You would think we are all about hunting in the Australian outback. Not really – Outback means any forest and wilderness away from civilization. So we are very much about hunting,fishing and other outdoor activities here in the US and other countries.
If you’re passionate about hunting and fishing and the outdoors. Then you have come to the right place.
It's My mission to help beginners and experienced hunters find the absolute best gear and information.
How I Create Content
- All the content you will find on this site has been planned and edited by me to ensure we meet the highest quality standards.
- I can’t put together a website that discusses all topics involving Hunting and the outdoors without the help of other experienced hunters and outdoor pro’s. And since our aim is to provide you with all the useful knowledge you could want, we have enlisted the help of other experts.
- There are other experienced writers who write specialised articles on hunting, archery, fishing, camping, survival,etc though nothing is put online without a green light from me, the chief editor. This is to ensure all information we publish is accurate and you can trust it to make trips and purchase decisions.
- As much as possible we try to get our hands on the items mentioned in this blog to get real-life experience with them but it is not always possible so we also rely on extensive online feedback from real customers of these items.
- I also spend a lot of time at local stores and talk to their staff to get to know all the items that come out and which ones may be of interest to you.
- All in all, I want this site to be a place you can trust and that is not rigged by brand sponsorship so you can use our information to make the best decisions for yourself when it comes to planning your trips.
What's In It For You?
So why should you read Outback Hunters? I would say the main reason you would want to check us out is because you want to dramatically improve your hunting experience in a responsible way.
If you resonate with the following statements, you will enjoy the content you find on this site:
- Quality Hunting resource from the viewpoint of a complete rookie. We found there was a gap on practical information for new beginners who just wanted to learn about Hunting, Fishing and the outdoors but didn’t have a military or tactical background.
- Time-saving suggestions in our [Editor’s Picks]for when you just don’t have time to watch all the YouTube videos and forum posts about a product. We’ve already scrutinized it for you.
- Detailed “how-to” videos and articles that get straight to the point and don’t hold back on helpful tips.
- To help both new and experienced adventurers alike, we have included numerous reviews of different items that people will need while they are outdoors. We go as in-depth as possible on our reviews so that you learn everything there is to know about a particular piece of equipment.
- For those looking for more information about a certain type of outdoor equipment, we also provide buyer’s guides. These articles provide pointers on what to look for when you go shopping for gear. If you can’t find a detailed review for a specific product, feel free to use our buyer’s guides instead.
- You can also expect to find numerous “How To” articles that detail the steps you must take if you are planning on taking up certain activities. Give those a read to expand your repertoire of outdoor skills.
- You want to feel comfortable enough to focus on moments and people you are sharing them with over the technicalities of hunting and the outdoors.
*Note: We are NOT “Outback Hunters – the TV Show’ We are Outback Hunters…the blog.
We’d love to hear from you! Use this form to send us comments and suggestions about what you want to see on our site.If you are on board with this, I look forward to having you read our guides and tests. You can start learning about Hunting Essential by clicking here.
Founder and Editor at Outback Hunters